We, the Statistical Machine Learning Group, are a supportive, collaborative and inclusive team working on probabilistic modeling, data-efficient machine learning, reinforcement learning, climate science and robotics. We are part of UCL’s Centre for Artificial Intelligence, a vibrant, open and collaborative research and learning environment.
We very much welcome and support applications from underrepresented groups and from people of all shapes, shades, and genders. If you are uncertain about your possible role in our team, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Marc Deisenroth.
If you are interested in joining us, please consider the options below:
PhD within SML Group
- Please contact María Pérez-Ortiz for a PhD position in her team.
- Marc Deisenroth no longer considers PhD applications for 2024.
Funding and Scholarships
Note: Currently, we have no direct funding for PhD students. However, there are some scholarships available, e.g., through the university. There are some overseas scholarships available at UCL. Please do look around and see whether you find other suitable scholarships.
If you want to propose a collaboration based on an externally-funded post-doctoral scholarship, please get in touch. Here are some potential funding opportunities:
- Royal Society Fellowships for researchers from North America and Asia
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Research Fellowship
- Royal Academy of Engineering Fellowship
Unfortunately, we cannot offer internships.